Monday, May 18, 2009

The Antidote: Shopping

Shopping is such an amazing antidote for sadness.  Yesterday, I felt that there's nothing else better to do than to go to the mall and shop.  I seldom go to the mall but yesterday, there was a need since I mentioned in my earlier blog that my dog chewed on the power cord of my laptop.  

So, yeah... I did go to Megamall after all.  My parents hitched a ride with me because they wanted to attend the 12:30 mass at the Chapel of the Eucharist Lord at the 5th level of the Atrium in SM Megamall.  I parked right at the 5th level and walked right in.  The first thing that I noticed was the Our Home sale at the Megatrade Hall.  I really wanted to get accents for my sala set like colorful pillows and a comfy blanket.  I ended up buying a few flat sheets and body pillow cases.  I wanted to get a floor lamp but I didn't find any.  

After that, I went to All Flip Flops to get myself a new pair of Havaianas.  Not that I don't have a pair... I just wanted a new one.  So I bought this neat pair of blue and silver Havaianas wave and I wore them right away because they matched the plaid shorts and shirt that I was wearing.  I asked for the sales attendant to just put my old pair in the box instead.  

And them, I went to Gap which just opened.  I remember that during my last trip to the U.S., I was able to get a lot from the Gap outlet in Camarillo... I think I got 10 pairs of boxers, a pair of white pants, and a lot of shirts.  I loved the designs and I just got everything that would fit me.  I'm a size 0 and it's pretty hard to find clothes that will fit me that I'd like to wear.    But when I went to the Gap store here in Megamall, I couldn't find anything.  I eventually met up with my parents after that.

And so, I took my parents to lunch at Red Kimono at the 2nd Level of the Atrium.  I loved the ambiance as soon as I entered.  My parents had to go to the rest room and they asked me to order for them.  I ordered the Maguro Sashimi and California Maki for starters and I ordered the following for each of us:
  • My mom wanted fish so I got her the Fillet of Cream Dory.  It's grilled to perfection and served with sauteed spinach and garlic buttery mashed potatoes.  It's pretty good!!!
  • My dad wanted beef so I got him the Beef Teppanyaki.  Good thing I chose Teppanyaki over Teriyaki because that was exactly what he wanted.  Yum!  Yum!!!
  • I got myself the Shrimp Tempura Bento.  It was pretty good but I felt that the Tempura sauce lacked flavor.  I'm not sure if that's the case because I'm under medication.  It could very well be that my taste buds are affected.
I finished my food earlier than my parents did and I decided to go outside for a smoke.  On my way back, I saw the G2000 store and thought... Gahd, my office clothes are getting boring so I went inside.  I found a lot of nice slacks and button-downs.  I lost track of time and when I checked my phone, I already had maybe 4 missed calls from my mom.  I hurried back to Red Kimono to pay for the bill and then I went back to G2ooo with my parents.  I ended up buying 7 button-downs and three pairs of slacks which cost me a little over 10k.  I had to go to Heel Sew Quik to have my slacks repaired while my parents waited at the PLDT over at the 5th level since that's where my brother works.  

I also passed by quickly at SST Laptop & Repair Shop at the Cyberzone at the 4th level to grab a new power adapter for my Dell Latitude E5400.  My dog chewed on my power cord, remember?

When we arrived at my parents house, I called Essenciale Home Spa so I could get a massage.  My back hurt because I'm not really used to walking the malls.  I was planning to watch Angels & Demons after since I had to go back at 8PM anyway to pick up the slacks I had repaired.  But guess what... I didn't wake up till after 9PM.  Bummer!

And so, JDee and I went home to our condo in Pasig.  At around 11PM, I received a text message from Elizabeth saying: "I'm really sorry for what I said and I'm really sorry for what I can't do.  I just wanted you to know that."

We had a huge argument Thursday night.  She texted me saying that she felt that i was disinterested in her and her life.  It was the first night that I went back to work since I got sick and was bedridden for four days.  Before that argument, she was telling me about the interview that she had that day and after telling the story, I asked her if she liked it and she said that it was okay.  And I said, "Just okay?  Okay, let's move on to the next prospect."  At that time, I was feeling groggy because I just popped a pill.  She suddenly switched moods and decided to hang up on me, thus that text message.  I called her maybe an hour after she sent that.  I was too busy catching up at work so it took me an hour to get back to her.  We were arguing about not being able to spend time with each other and she was telling me that I loved my dog more than I loved her daughter (She gave me that dog for Christmas).  I told her that I can only do so much at this point.  I can only go as far as seeing her Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.  She wanted more.  She even asked me what the point is in keeping the relationship.  I then asked her, "What are you going to do about it?"  And she said that she cannot go to my place if she doesn't have a driver and she doesn't want to commute.  I would've said that there are other options like riding with her brother or her sister.  But, instead, I said, "Okay, let me throw the question back, what's the point."  And she said nothing.  So that was the end of it.

In response to her text, I asked, "What do we do now?"  Her reply was, "We?  There's no more we."  And I just said okay.  

Right now, it's really hard to reach her expectations with all the external factors.  My parents are migrating in a couple of months.  I have a very demanding job.  And, truthfully, I do not know what to prioritize.  I do love her but I can't do more that I can do now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment